Wrightsoft® is an industry leading technology company due to our unique standing as both experts in HVAC & energy software and as industry experts. It is this combination that makes us a sought-after partner for software solutions and industry research and development and enables us to provide exclusive design services to production home builders.
Research and Development Partners
- ACCA (Air Condition Contractors of America)– ACCA selects Wrightsoft in 1984 an exclusive technical partner (18 years) to make computerized version of Manual J, later Manual D and D. Wrightsoft continues today as technical advisor on new methods and Corporate Partner
- ASHRA- Wrightsoft develops (authors) ASHRAE Research Projects:
- ASHRAE 1199- Develop ASHRAE residential heat balance method for heating and cooling load calculations that includes updating ASHRAE handbook of Fundamentals Chapter on residential load method.
- ASHRAE 1311- Developed ASHRAE method for improving load calculations for window glazing and shading devices including providing new procedures and data for calculating solar heat gain for both fenestration and fenestration shading.
- ASHRAE 1383- Developed ASHRAE method and radiant system module for simulation and analysis of spaces and systems providing analysis that allows for calculation and display comfort conditions at any point in room.
- California Energy Commission
- Author of rules and Rules Engine to certify for residential and commercial buildings for compliance with Title 24 Energy Code CBECC-RES and CBECC-Comm.
- Author of advanced house California Simulation Engine (CSE), 8760 hour energy simulation program for residential code compliance in Title 24.
- Compare CEC HERS rating for existing buildings with the national RESNET rating method and also DOE’s Home Energy Score Asset Rating method.
- Enhance CBECC’s Residential capabilities for development of the 2016 Standards and future existing building efficiency ratings program.
- US Department of Energy
- Implement and adapt CEC CBECC-COMM rules engine to determine compliance with ASHRAE 90.1 for Commercial Buildings in Energy Plus.
- Updated Energy Plus to use ASHRAE 1311 method (written by Wrightsoft) to improve window calculations and fenestration with shading devices calculations.
Technical Trade Partners
- ACCA- Exclusive technical software partner for 18 years
- CEC- Right-Energy Title 24 Residential New Construction approved software
- RESNET-Right-Energy IECC approved Software
- HRAI- Canadian Loads and Duct approved software
- ASHRAE- Commercial Loads and Duct software
- RPA- Radiant in-floor design software
OEM Equipment Manufacturers
- Wrightsoft Partners with all the major equipment manufactures and is considered the vendor of choice to develop customized solutions.